Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Slower Format Ahead

Finally with the nerfing of the Lightsworn deck (Dropping Charge, Lumina and Necro Guardna to one) the format will more than likely become slower. I am very anxious to see how Starlight Road will affect the meta, and what decks can take the top. There is a regionals this Saturday where a lot of my friends will be attending. Even though I can't go I will be reporting what decks make it to the top. In my opinion Flamvell Sworn is VERY viable this format, and I would also watch out for X-Sabers and Gladiator Beasts. X-sabers are incredibly powerful, can build unbeatable card advantage and have a varying control over the game with Saber Hole and Saber Slash. I played the deck with my Gladiator Beasts and while I won 2-0, it was more or less because my opponent was not as skilled as me and the deck still needed some work. If I had the cards to build X-Sabers I would, but for the time being I will continue to run Gladiator Beasts. Drop me a comment on what decks you are running at the moment and which ones you think can make a splash. Maybe Gravekeepers or Infernities? Let me know!

1 comment:

TheKing Elessar said...

As I just got back into the game after 3 years, I run Gadgets. A friend swears GKs are very viable this format though.